SERIOUSLY THOUGH, THESE KIDS..
these kids.. ARE ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL!
i’m almost to the end of my time here with the kiddos (just a week and a half left!) and i’ve had a blast with them so far. all three of them are super laid back about what we go and do, so i basically just choose all kinds of sweet stuff that i want to do before i move to massachusets and force them to come along haha. they always end up having a great time though!
so far this summer i’ve taken the kids to:
- hike and picnic at chestnut ridge
- explore the columbus museum of art and create works of art of our own
- revel in the food choices at the columbus common’s thursday food truck food court
- watch a FIFA game live, downtown, at the columbus commons while eating mikey’s late night slice and lounging on the lawn
- hike at blacklick woods and explore their wonderful nature center
- amble through a vintage store in the short north
- try jeni’s ice cream
- buy fresh produce and baked goods at pearl alley market downtown
- hike at rising park and enjoy the view of lancaster
- go on creaking adventures to catch frogs and fish (well, the kids caught frogs and fish ..i just watched)
- bowl at rule3 (which i am horrible at haha)
- check out old cars at the new chevy/corvette museum in canal winchester
- meander around slate run historical farm and see what life was like here in the 1800’s (adorable baby animals included!)
- adventure at the columbus zoo and see all kinds of amazing animals
- andddd obviously go and get tons of ice cream!
WHEW! we have done all kinds of absolutely fantastic things, and i couldn’t be happier to have had the opportunity to show the kiddos all this sweet stuff in the central ohio area. yay for flexible and chill summer jobs!