RECIPE: SIMPLE BREAKFAST CASSEROLE
this is a christmas morning tradition in my house: my aunt and grandmother come over, we all open gifts together, and then we enjoy each others company all morning and afternoon eating this wonderful casserole and lounging around the house. it’s perfection.
- 8 oz package of pillsbury crescent rolls
- 8 oz sausage links (or whatever breakfast meat you’d like, sometimes i go with a bacon-sausage mix)
- 2 c montery jack cheese
- 4 eggs beaten
- 3/4 c milk
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp oregano (VERY IMPORTANT!)
- preheat the oven to 425 degrees fahrenheit.
- unroll the crescent rolls into the bottom of a 9×13 inch pan.
- cook the sausage to your liking, then cut it up and sprinkle it evenly over the crescent rolls in the pan. layer the cheese over this.
- in a separate bowl, combine the milk, eggs, pepper, and oregano. pour this mixture over the other ingredients evenly.
- bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a nice golden brown on top.
- let it cool for 5 minutes or so and then serve and ENJOY!